Friday, June 11, 2010

summer aftershocks

If anybody from UP is reading this (and no, Tichang, in case binabasa mo 'to, you're not counted) I'd like to apologize for my kasabawan this week. Granted, yeah, I've always been a bit off my rocker, but these past few days I've been... something short of crazy. I have a theory regarding this weird phenomenon:

During the summer, I was stuck in a house in a foreign country, barely going out, having nothing to do. I literally was unproductive, an even bigger shame than being unemployed. I could argue with myself and say I'm unproductive at home (in CDO) too, but the thing is, I'm not. Er... complicated, yeah? Thing is, if I were at home, even without my laptop to write with, I could have bought several books and DVD's and drowned in them all. I could have gone out with friends, bullied Mac til he attended the k-oke session at my house, maybe even bonded with the cousins over lunch shifts at Saimato. But noooo, I was in Israel, turning what promised to be an exciting new adventure into a boring period of isolation.

Over the summer, I realized I wanted company. I needed friends. As much as I love my Auntie Fely, my mum, and my father, I really needed, wanted people my own age. All I had to vent my feelings on were the Nat Geo Adventure channel - which later disappeared from our cable TV because we didn't pay for it - and my mother's numerous romance novels. Given these circumstances, I guess it's understandable how I returned to UP obnoxious, excitable, bossy and perpetually hyper, when in the past, I sought silent refuge in Lavinia the Laptop.

I will fix this. I will shut up next week, promise.

4 comments:

alexandria said...

i'd like to clarify the whole nat geo financial issue, in case it's a bit confusing that we had cable, just not that specific channel:

because the nat geo adventure channel was new, it was on promo in our local cable provider's system. we had it for free for a month or so, but on may 15, it disappeared from our TV - announced, of course - because we didn't want to pay for it. given my father and i were addicted to that channel, we could have pestered my mother to rush to HOT V.O.D. to sign-up for nat geo adventure, but since we thought she was too busy with election OAV work, and we had no idea how to handle israeli-type transactions, we didn't bother signing up for the nat geo adventure.

not sure if this makes much sense, but that's the full story. 0.o

Tea said...

Special mention pa talaga ako.wahahaha

Pero oo nga medyo nakakalungkot ang isang bakasyon kung saan nasa bahay ka lang most of the time. Nasira ba yung laptop mo nung nasa Israel ka? At wala bang DVD player dun? Sinu-sino ang mga author ng romance novels na binasa mo? Judith McNaught? Jude Deveraux? :D

Di bale Sandy the PC will do its share of making up for your isolated summer.wahahaha

ellefnuJy said...

psst...sandy..okie lang yan...at least now, you have a lot of company na...see you on sunday!!!

alexandria said...

sniff, sniff ;;X
thanks friends ::D

nga pala, si ano... erm... danielle steel? tsaka sandra brown. ::D