Thursday, January 7, 2010

the fangirl is insane

Recently, I've been promising myself that I WON'T read fanfiction until I finish all the work I have to do. Almost always, too, I've been breaking my promises to myself - such as now. I should be doing the interview questions for Father Mike and Miss Juvy, or reading the 20 pages article that I have to come up with three talking points for by tomorrow, or sleeping like my two roommates, but NO! Up until a few minutes ago, I was loitering in ffnet, looking for MORE to read.

God, have mercy.

On a happier note, Ma'am Jamon heard our proposal for our PolSci 160 final paper, and she liked it very much, saying it was "relatively unexplored". In case anyone is interested, our topic is Gay Men in Politics, and our proposed paper focuses heavily, if not solely, on the UP community's perception of homesexuality in the political arena. The topic, suggested by Maricon, is expected to produce a paper that will gauge whether our school, which is arguably the most liberated university in the country, welcomes gay politicians - it's a good "exploration" ground, so to speak.

Finally, allow me to let my shallowness prevail for a few moments as I comment on Ma'am Jamon's faculty room. Unlike Sir Falgui's room, which he had to share with a roomie, and which didn't have much space for a bookshelf, Ma'am Jamon's den was unexpectedly spacious (more spacious than I expected, really), with an impressive bookshelf filled with PolSci books spanning almost an entire wall. True, Sir Nemenzo's room is probably the most "dignified" looking one I've been in so far, but he is a former UP president, that's understandable...

I'm rambling. I want to sleep. But no, I have to read on the ever-expanding black market for human organs and its contribution to globalization. Sniff.

0 comments: