Monday, November 22, 2010

Uh, my laundry.

I've run out of comfortable jeans, so I've resorted to wearing those uber-long, ultra-girly, spinster-worthy skirts my mother gave me over the summer. They're actually quite cool to wear - except when people make it a point to comment on my chosen outfit - but I think I've gotten too used to wearing pants.

Um. In case you haven't noticed, this entry isn't going anywhere. It's just a random blog post. See, I've just entered the main lib's computer room, and it's embarrassing to just leave when I haven't even been here for half an hour. I was hoping to get the call numbers for textbooks I have to read by tomorrow, see, but then it turns out even if I did get their access codes today, I wouldn't be able to borrow them, not tonight. So gah. I'm stuck. Worse, I don't have three chapters' worth of readings for tomorrow.

And it's not even my fault! I'm not being lazy or anything! Our professor had left e-copies of our readings with the PolSc department, but for the past three instances that I've tried saving them in my USB, they've been corrupted. And I doubt I can save the thing in a CD, 'cause the department might not even have a CD burner, not with an OS like that. Sigh. Sucks worrying about material. I'd actually love to start working, instead of just moping around, pondering what else I could have been doing if I had the proper stuff to read.

On a lighter note, an American kid reported on Rizal today. (Not altogether surprising, since our shared class is on Rizal, after all.) He actually put up with the rest of the class' antics quite well; I don't think a normal person could have maintained a cheerful expression while his classmates giggled at his inability to pronounce Noli Me Tangere. To think, at the start of his report, I even saw his hand shaking as he handed his report outline to our teacher - and I was sitting in the second-to-the-last row. Pretty strong character that kid's got. Moral fibre, Ludo Bagman would call it.

I wonder how I would have fared had I studied in a foreign country?

Bah. Anyway, since I can't read any 'proper' stuff tonight - not having the right material, as mentioned previously - I'm going to skim through La Corda d'Oro Chaps 70-71. I hope, pray, sincerely and fervently that Len finally confesses to Kahoko. Pleaaaase. End the manga NOW.

0 comments: