Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to be a YouTube Celebrity

Lunch with Paraluman Conspiracy earlier today. It's a sorta-habit of ours to meet up at least once a month, for dinner or lunch, or whatever. We try to talk about things, like who's dating who - and other less gossip-ish stuff, of course. And walking home, it struck me how different N and T are now compared to their old, freshie selves.

About two or three years ago, I could still keep up with their conversations about music, about books, and about artsy-fartsy films. But now, I can't even put in my two cents' worth about T's fanfiction.net rebirth - as if I'd lost all capacity to elicit an opinion from my inner depths or something. It's as if... I've stagnated, and they've grown so much more than I have. Kind of sad, really, not being able to relate fully to your friends.

So I pondered on what I've been doing these past three years, what I've been doing that caused me to veer off the shared track of N and T. And I realized, I haven't been doing anything at all. Except, maybe, finish about twenty anime series, befriend half the Asian romcom celebrity sphere, and write tons of fanfic crap. Which, really, isn't much. Wow. Three years of regression.

But enough ranting. My latest addiction this week is YouTube. I've discovered some really fun people through it, like my future husband kevjumba, my future groomsman nigahiga, and my future bridesmaid happyslip. I'd totally embed their vids here, only I don't know how to... embed. So anyway.

J asked me why I like kevjumba more than I like nigahiga. Tough question - after all, nigahiga's more popular. Thing is, though, I think Kevin's actually a really serious person once you get to know him - the competitive, irritable type who involuntarily hides behind a comedian persona. I like that in people - knowing they have layers you have to peel to get to know who they truly are. Plus, Kevin's got a much cooler voice, and his editing is better than nigahiga's. And I like how he allots a portion of his YouTube royalties to charities - plus points, too, for his cute relationship with his dad.

So yeah, just me, ranting.

3 comments:

ellefnuJy said...

hahaha :) ok lang yan sandy..then puede naman kayong mag-usap ng iba pang bagay. hindi naman ibig sabihin na dahil di mo na sila nasasabayan, it makes you less of a friend. :)

kaya nga friends tayo e. pag pareho tayong lahat ng gusto ang monotonoud na hahaha

ellefnuJy said...

*monotonous

yebah, tis me said...

ay true, jumps, tama ::D pero kadepress lang kasi adtong pagmention ko kang tichang nga di na lagi ko kasabay, pati siya nadepress gamay, ahahaha.