Saturday, September 15, 2012

It would have been nice to dance in the rain

Today I sort of dared myself. It's the first day-off I've had since early this semester, a complete day free of org work, urgent academic requirements, and hangovers. I decided it would be great if I could spend the whole day at home, like I used to, watching stock videos of Arashi or writing fanfiction, or downloading movies. But an hour into having no purpose, and I began to feel restless. Now I understand what Sakurai Sho means when he says his head aches when he has to stay at home.

I decided to take a stroll.


I dared myself to check out whether people were still playing in the Sunken Garden despite the storm warning. The sky was an awful patch of grey when I pulled on my favorite hoodie, and made the heavy trek into the darkening afternoon. It was only four, but there was no sunshine. I made it to the Sunken Garden, confirmed that some hardcore people were, in fact, still playing, and trudged home through another route. I passed by the local parish. I always do when I need to be comforted.

There was a wedding going on. The parish priest was trying to impart some important life lesson to the couple at the altar, but I seriously doubt they were listening. If it were me there, making the most important decision of my life, I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything. As I stalked the circumference of the parish, debating on whether it would be decent for any person in a hoodie to gate-crash a church wedding or not, I wondered why those people were getting married. Maybe it doesn't even have much to do with love.

When I got home, satisfied that I had gone out despite the gray clouds, it started to rain. And just as I realized it was starting to rain, the rain got heavier, faster.

I wonder what I should like to do tonight. It would be nice to waste more time today, just because I can.

Photo by Kostandina (Deviantart)

0 comments: