Saturday, April 9, 2011

Househunting

I couldn't sleep tonight. And no, not because I had a dream two nights ago - dawns, to be specific - involving an older me in a devilish white dress staring back at myself, knowing full well dreaming me was watching. Sounds complicated, but it's simple, actually. I had a nightmare where I saw my doppelganger. But again, no, despite the frightful nature of that dream, it is not the reason I'm awake now, two nights - dawns - later.

I'm looking for a house. [Online, yes.] More accurately, a place to stay in. I'll be graduating a couple of days from now, and as I intend to stay in MManila, I need somewhere. I've ruled out staying in a univ dorm, as I doubt overstaying for a second degree makes me an actual dependent of the UP system. I'll have to admit though, that the clincher was the kitchen. I really want a kitchen. I've already been imagining all the dishes I'd burn, all the wine I'd stock, if I had my own kitchen. God, please send me a house with enough space for a kalan at least? And maybe, a mini Coleman?

And haha, don't even ask for my budget. Truth is I've actually enough money for one of those one-bedroom flats that are ubiquitous in the student world, but again - the kitchen, it calls. Good thing my friend Ate I wants a place with a kitchen, too. We can split the bill, and share the happy moments that I'm praying, honest to goodness, we'll have. Because I'll be staying in MManila for what seems like yeeeears. And she has her MS - and likely, PhD - to finish.

Housey, housey, housey.
Heree come, housey.

0 comments: