Monday, June 13, 2011

Boom-bust-ic

First day of the rest of my life - Prof B was a no-show. I'm not even sure the department knows who she is, as Sir D didn't seem confident she's be the one to handle our German Integ class. So I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to see her. [And I really need to get a proper job.]

I was watching those Arashi vids Nikki gave me yesterday, trying to understand exactly what it is about this band that Nikki-Minette-Janice-Symel-and-their-Livejournal-communities go gaga over. I specifically requested the Courage Test eps, first in the shut-down hospital and then in a fake-horror inn. I'd heard about them, as Minette and Janice wouldn't shush raving that one time we met at Masshita. [Nikki gave me the Springtime Dress to Impress (or whatever the long, awkward title of the SP was) and the Utaban Comedy Collabs as well.]

Now, these are what I'm sure of: Nikki is an Ohno fan, Minette is an Aiba fan. As for me - and I'm far from becoming addicted yet - I thought I'd like the brat Ninomiya best. Since he's honest, and although the truth hurts, I appreciate face-value bashing more than the average person. But! It turns out I only concluded that because I had seen the Haunted Hospital ep first, and Sakurai wasn't there. [AHAHAHA.]

I'd been told that he's the most 'normal' in Arashi, and that, therefore, he's boring. Checking his 'resume' (aka his Wiki stub) maybe that's possible, as he's an Econ graduate, after all. [I can poke fun at people with the same degree as me, k?] And he's really serious about things, so he looks like he can't ride a joke as well as his bandmates can. But he's cute. Really, he is. Not Miura Haruma cute - as I doubt any of the current 16-30 Japanese male stars can achieve that smile - but cute as in hmm, pwede cute. Maybe Arashi isn't so bad at all. Will have to watch myself from now on.

1 comments:

is in Nino phase! said...

This is the beginning *tune of some Arashi song-- forgot the title*

Hahahaha. Funny lang. See, nagbackread tuloy ako dahil sa kanashimi.

Uhm, bat feeling ko dinudumihan ko blog mo?

Pero.. Oh well, this is the price you have to pay for having me in your life. HAHAHA :p