Monday, February 11, 2013

Recent Events, February 2013

Am blogging for the sake of blogging - go, me! It's been a month since the last time I wrote for this space of virtual pseudo-property, and while much has happened, there's not much that can be put into words. Chos.

Here are some pictures that I hope are capable of summarizing what I've been distracting myself with lately:

This was taken just earlier, 12. Feb, when the UP Deutscher Verein or the UP German Club, of which I'm a member, hosted a literacy program in New Era HS. Auf Deutsch. I must have had a virtual nosebleed - teaching high school students is so challenging! The batch salutatorian - who, with a little push in the right direction - might turn out to be an interesting specimen for Blair Waldorfs in the Philippines, was in my study group. She was not impressed that I did not know what the German word for Hamster is. (It is, by the way, (das) Meerschweinchen.)

 This one is from Friday last week, 8. February. That was Japanese Night at the International Center. The beautiful people in this picture are my batch mates from Tomo-Kai's Hayabusa, and P-senpai. (I will not blur our faces, as these pictures are probably floating somewhere else out there, anyway.) Japanese Night was very impressive, completely amazing, and still, remarkably, highly organized and fluid. I have no hesitation in saying it was the most systematically artistic amateur student performance/ set of performances I've attended. High hopes for Japanese Night 2014! Photo Copyright c/o Mai Topacio.

 I'm also seeing a lot of D - who I mentally refer to as my partner-in-crime, because we gossip on Japanese celebrities as a rule each time we meet - so I get to meet a lot of the fangirls from her side of the fandom. Apparently, some of the senpai here are Arashi fans, but what gathered them to this place - apparently, they are regulars at Cha Dao Katipunan (which probably serves excellent tea, the way only Cha Dao can) - is their common love for JRock. D won an uchiwa and a Perfume album from a Tumblr raffle - lucky girl. I told her she shouldn't have opened the album. She did, anyway, haha.

More next~!

3 comments:

Tomate und Käse said...

Sama mo ko sa next na japanese night! hehe.. or is that exclusive?

Is Cha Dao also really good? I haven't tried them yet...

dani said...

lucky girl talaga! haha. :P

alexandria said...

@T and K,
Of course naman, teh!
The problem lang naman is your sched diba? HAHAHAHA.

@keeki,
Hmpfh.